On the 29th of April 2015, BiodivERsA and FACCE-JPI hold the final conference of the projects funded through their 2013-2014 joint call on “Promoting synergies and reducing rade-offs between food supply, biodiversity and ecosystem services”.
In 2013-2014, BiodivERsA launched jointly with FACCE-JPI* a pan-European call on the theme “Promoting synergies and reducing trade-offs between food supply, biodiversity and ecosystem services”.
On 29 April 2015, BiodivERsA and FACCE-JPI organised the kick-off meeting of the projects funded through this joint call.
The kick-off meeting started with an introductory speech by Xavier Le Roux and Isabelle Albouy, respectively BiodivERsA and FACCE-JPI coordinator. They underlined the success of this joint call at the crossroad of the issues addressed by BiodivERsA and FACCE-JPI, which allowed the funding of 10 research projects for a total amount of 10.2 million euro, raised by 10 BiodivERsA and FACCE-JPI partners.
The meeting continued with two keynote speeches by Felix Herzog on “Agro-ecosystem: Complexity and biodiversity at various scales and its importance for the agricultural production system” and Bill Slee, who was the Chair of the Evaluation panel of the BiodivERsA/FACCE-JPI joint call. The latter highlighted the quality of the proposals that were funded both at the scientific and societal impact level. He also underlined the importance of the topic of the call in a world where there is a need to balance the demand for food against the capacity of the environment to deliver it.
The researchers of the ten funded projects were then offered the possibility to present their project, its aims and preliminary findings. This also allowed interactions between them and lead to the identification of complementarities, possible links and common activities between their projects.
- BASIL, Balancing Agroecosystem services in Landscape, by Zachary Kayler – pdf
- BEEHOPE, Honeybee Conservation centers in Western Europe: an innovative strategy using sustainable beekeeping to reduce honeybee decline, by Lionel Garnery – pdf
- CP3, Civil-Public-Private Partnerships : Collaborative governance approaches for policy innovation to enhance biodiversity and ecosystem services delivery in agricultural landscapes, by Claudia Sattler – pdf
- ECO-SERVE, Sustainable provisioning of multiple ecosystem services in agricultural landscapes, by Lijbert Brussaard – pdf
- ECODEAL, Enhancing biodiversity-based ecosystem services to crops through optimized densities of green infrastructures in agricultural landscapes, by Yann Clough – pdf
- ECOFRUIT, Managing ecosystem services for fruit production in different European climates, by Karsten Mody – pdf
- PROMESSING, Promoting EcoSystem Services in Grapes, by Ilona Leyer – pdf
- STACCATO, SusTaining AgriCultural ChAnge Through ecological engineering and Optimal use of natural resources, by Josef Settele – pdf
- TALE, Towards multifunctional agricultural landscapes in Europe: Assessing and governing synergies between food production, biodiversity and ecosystem services, by Martin Volk – pdf
- VINEDIVERS, Biodiversity-based ecosystem services in vineyards: analysing interlinkages betwen plants, pollinators, soil biota and soil erosion accross Europe, by Johann G. Zaller – pdf