The European Commission has published over the summer several calls for proposals related to research and development within the 7th Framework Programme (FP7).
The European Commission has published over the summer several calls for proposals related to research and development within the 7th Framework Programme (FP7). Two calls for Cooperation Activities have topics related to Environment (including climate change) and include either a one-step or a two-step application procedure. Deadline for application is October 20th.
Some (non-exhaustive) topics potentially related to biodiversity:
- ENV.2012.6.2-1 Exploration of the operational potential of the concepts of ecosystem services and natural capital to systematically inform sustainable land, water and urban management.
- ENV.2012.6.2-2 Assessing global biological resources: the European contribution to the Global Earth Observation Biodiversity Observation Network4 (GEO BON)
- ENV.2012.6.2-3 Innovative tools for understanding and integrated assessment of Good Environmental Status (GES) of marine waters (‘The Ocean for Tomorrow’)
- ENV.2012.6.2-4 Management and potential impacts of litter in the marine and coastal environment (‘The Ocean for Tomorrow’)
- ENV.2012.6.2-5 Improve scientific knowledge base to support the implementation of the Marine Strategy Framework Directive (‘The Ocean for Tomorrow’)
- ENV.2012.6.3-4 Support for standardisation needs in the field of environment
- ENV.2012.6.5-3 Exploring opportunities for open access to primary environmental data