The engagement of stakeholders in Biodiversa+’s activities is centralised around the Enlarged Stakeholder Board. It brings together a diversity of stakeholder organisations in the field of biodiversity, ecosystem services and Nature-Based Solutions research and innovation, and is directly mobilised in the design and implementation of Biodiversa+ activities. Our Enlarged Stakeholder Board reinforces their relevance and added value for policy and practice, and promotes the uptake of Biodiversa+ outputs.
The mandate of members is 3,5 years, the current mandate lasting until September 2025. The nomination is to organisations, which have all committed to support the objectives of Biodiversa+ and of the European Biodiversity Strategy for 2030, by building bridges between science, policy, business and civil society.
- European Partners for the Environment
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Institute for Sustainable Development and Holistic Solutions – InTeRCeR (substitute college representative: Klemen Risto Bizjak)
- IUCN European Regional Office
- The Nature Conservancy
- UNEP-WCMC (ESB chair, college representative in AB and AB vice-chair: Claire Brown)
- WWF European Policy Office
(including representatives from private companies and industries from the main economic sectors concerned by biodiversity issues)
- AGROAMB PRODALT SL
- Cà Colonna srl
- Capitals Coalition
- CLEAN, Environmental Cluster Denmark
- Danish Agriculture and Food Council
- GreenVille service s.r.o.
- SEGES (College representative: Frederik Forberg)
- Social Farming Association
- White Arkitekter
- Wolfs Company (substitute college representative: Stijn Schep)
Including European Commission representatives from different DGs (DG R&I and DG ENV will be included), members of the European Parliament, etc.
Including major initiatives in the field of conservation and protection of biodiversity
- Associação Natureza Portugal (ANP) | WWF
- BirdLife International
- Centrum Ochrony Mokradeł (Wetland Conservation Centre)
- CIPRA International (Commission Internationale pour la protection des régions alpines) (College representative : Serena Arduino)
- Csermely Environmental Organization
- Environmental Defense Fund Europe
- EUROPARC Federation
- INSTITUTO DI ECOLOGIA APPLICATA
- iSea, Environmental Organisation for the Preservation of the Aquatic Ecosystems
- IUCN National Committee of The Netherlands
- Safari Park Dvur Kralove
- WCS EU (Substitute college representative: Janice Weatherley-Singh)
Including organisations dealing with citizen science, science, media, popularisation for the general public, etc.
- biome-id Barco & Knebelsberger GbR
- European Forest Institute (College representative: Michele Bozzano)
- G-BiKE Genomic Biodiversity Knowledge for resilient Ecosystems (COST Action CA 18134) (substitute college representative: Cristiano Vernesi)
- Italian Ministry of Agricultural, Food and Forestry Policies (MIPAAF)