On the 4th of April 2017, BiodivERsA held the Kick-off meeting of the projects funded through the 2015-2016 COFUND Call
BiodivERsA has selected 26 successful projects under the 2015-2016 COFUND call on « understanding and managing biodiversity dynamics to improve ecosystem functioning and delivery of ecosystem services in a global change context » part of which are focusing on soil and sediment biodiversity dynamics and part on habitat connectivity, green and blue infrastructures, and naturing cities.
The kick-off meeting of these projects was held at BelSPO, in Brussels on 4 April 2016.
Joint Kick-Off meeting of the 2015-2016 COFUND Call
The kick off meeting for the 2015-2016 funded projects was an opportunity to present the selected projects to funders, call evaluators and other researchers involved in this call. It allowed setting these projects in the wider scene of European research and innovation on Nature-based solutions and informing about upcoming regulations in Europe linked to Access and Benefit Sharing, which will be the object of a dedicated webinar for BiodivERsA projects falling under this emerging regulation, given the numerous questions and high stakes on this topic. It also offered some space for initial discussions among projects on potential synergies and joint activities, which will be the object of close attention by BiodivERsA. The network will seek to support such synergies based on project researcher’s first suggestions during the meeting, for instance in terms of organising synthesis workshops or joining forces when engaging and disseminating results to stakeholders, where relevant.
To access the presentations made during the Kick-off meeting, follow these links:
- Introduction of the Kick-Off meeting by Xavier Le Roux, BiodivERsA Coordinator and CEO – FRB
- Presentation on ‘Key figures and BiodivERsA reporting and acknowledgement requirements‘ by Sarah Todd, 2015 Call Secretariat.
- Presentation on ‘The Access and Benefit Sharing legislation and what it may imply for funded research projects‘ by Alicja Kozlowska from the European Commission.
- Presentation on ‘Additional opportunities available to BiodivERsA funded projects‘ by Frédéric Lemaître, BiodivERsA interfacing officer.
- Keynote by the Prof. Stephen Hawkins, Chair of the BiodivERsA 2015 Evaluation Panel
- Keynote on ‘Nature-Based Solutions: EU research and innovation’ by Birgit de Boissezon from the European Commission.
- A flash presentation of the 26 funded projects under the 2015-2016 Call for proposals