Are you an expert in biodiversity and want to contribute to the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD)? If so, you might be interested in the CO-OP4CBD project!
CO-OP4CBD stands for “Cooperation for the Convention on Biological Diversity”. It is a Horizon Europe-funded project that aims to enhance coordination and leverage existing expertise and initiatives within the EU to support the implementation of the CBD.
The project is looking for thematic experts to engage in various activities, such as online and in-person workshops, technical briefs, and science-policy dialogues. This is an opportunity to join a network of biodiversity experts in Europe and beyond, and to take part in formative science-policy processes that will contribute to the implementation of the CBD at the national and regional levels.
The project is especially looking for expertise in the following areas:
- Biodiversity and health
- Use of Digital Sequence Information on Genetic Resources
- Conservation and sustainable use of marine and coastal biodiversity
- Detection and identification of Living Modified Organisms (LMOs)
- Ecologically or Biologically Significant Marine Areas (EBSAs)
- Monitoring framework for the Kunming-Montreal Global Biodiversity Framework
- Risk assessment and risk management for LMOs
- Synthetic biology
Interested in joining the CO-OP4CBD project?
If you already responded to the 2023 call, please submit your information again as the project is updating its database.
Need additional information? Please contact the Alternet team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.