Launch of the Biodiversa+ BiodivMon Call for Research Proposals on
The online platform (EPSS) to submit your pre-proposal will be available soon
Biodiversa+ – the European Biodiversity Partnership – is pleased to announce that its BiodivMon Call for Transnational Research Proposals on “Improved transnational monitoring of biodiversity and ecosystem change for science and society” is now open
This call aims to support transnational research projects (3-years duration) addressing one or more of the three (non-exclusive) themes below:
- THEME 1 – Innovation and harmonization of methods and tools for collection and management of biodiversity monitoring data
- THEME 2 – Addressing knowledge gaps on biodiversity status, dynamics, and trends to reverse biodiversity loss
- THEME 3 – Making use of available biodiversity monitoring data
Projects combining aspects from several themes are encouraged. The projects funded by this call should allow us to better characterize, understand and report on the state and trends of biodiversity.
The call covers all environments, i.e. terrestrial, freshwater and marine in Europe and beyond.
Research teams will be invited to form transnational research consortia with eligible research partners from minimum 3 different countries participating in the call and requesting support from at least three different Funding Organisations(including minimum two different EU Member States or EU Associated Countries).
Proposals have to be exclusively written in English.
The research proposals will be evaluated across the following criteria:
- At step 1 (pre-proposal stage):Fit to the scope of the call, novelty of the research and impact;
- At step 2 (full proposal stage): (Scientific) Excellence, quality and efficiency of the implementation and impact (including expected policy and/or societal impact and approach to stakeholder engagement).
- the BiodivERsA Stakeholder Engagement Handbook (for more information on stakeholder engagement in funded projects)
- the BiodivERsA Policy Guide (for more information on policy relevance of research proposals).
- the BiodivERsA Citizen Science toolkit (for more information on how to engage citizens in your research projects)
- the BiodivERsA data management guide (for more information on how to write and develop your data management plan with a focus on making your data and publications as open as possible)
The full up-to-date list of participating funding organisation joining this Call as well as their reserved budgets is available on the Biodiversa+ website.
Please note that each research Partner in a project must comply with the eligibility criteria and rules of its national/regional funding organisation.
A two-step process will apply, with a mandatory submission of pre-proposals at the first step and submission of full proposals at the second step, via an Electronic Proposal Submission System (EPSS). The link to the EPSS will be available soon on the Biodiversa+ website.
- Launch of the call: Thursday 08 September 2022
- Deadline for pre-proposals submission (mandatory): Wednesday 09 November 2022, 15:00 CET (local time in Brussels)
- Deadline for full-proposals submission: Wednesday 05 April 2023, 15:00 CEST (local time in Brussels)
Make sure to consult the complete announcement of opportunities and all supporting documents on the Biodiversa+ website.
- Please make sure to consult the Call Documents containing the following information:
– Announcement of Opportunity (call text)
– Pre-proposal application form (for information; to be accessed via EPSS platform)
– Full Proposal application form (for information; to be accessed via EPSS platform in Step 2)
– Checklist for applicants
– Data policy
– Assessment criteria
– Conflict of Interest, confidentiality and non-disclosure policy.
- FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Register here and attend our General Information Webinar organised on 20 September 2022 at 3:00 pm CEST.
- Please note that each research partner in a project who is requesting funding under this call must comply with the eligibility criteria and rules of its national/regional funding organisation. For specific questions related to the budget, eligibility criteria and rules of your funding organisation, please consult your Funding organisation’s rules and contact your Funding Organisation Contact Point (FCP) – available here.
- For general information on the call, please contact the Call Secretariat: email@example.com (Céline Billière and Clara Superbie)
- For technical questions regarding the EPSS, please contact the EPSS technical helpdesk: Taavi Tiirik, firstname.lastname@example.org